ClamAV 0.98.7 is here! This release contains new scanning features
and bug fixes.
- Improvements to PDF processing: decryption, escape sequence
handling, and file property collection.
- Scanning/analysis of additional Microsoft Office 2003 XML format.
- Fix infinite loop condition on crafted y0da cryptor file. Identified
and patch suggested by Sebastian Andrzej Siewior. CVE-2015-2221.
- Fix crash on crafted petite packed file. Reported and patch
supplied by Sebastian Andrzej Siewior. CVE-2015-2222.
- Fix false negatives on files within iso9660 containers. This issue
was reported by Minzhuan Gong.
- Fix a couple crashes on crafted upack packed file. Identified and
patches supplied by Sebastian Andrzej Siewior.
- Fix a crash during algorithmic detection on crafted PE file.
Identified and patch supplied by Sebastian Andrzej Siewior.
- Fix an infinite loop condition on a crafted "xz" archive file.
This was reported by Dimitri Kirchner and Goulven Guiheux.
- Fix compilation error after ./configure --disable-pthreads.
Reported and fix suggested by John E. Krokes.
- Apply upstream patch for possible heap overflow in Henry Spencer's
regex library. CVE-2015-2305.
- Fix crash in upx decoder with crafted file. Discovered and patch
supplied by Sebastian Andrzej Siewior. CVE-2015-2170.
- Fix segfault scanning certain HTML files. Reported with sample by
- Improve detections within xar/pkg files.
As always, we appreciate contributions of bug reports, code fixes,
and sample submissions from the ClamAV community members:
Sebastian Andrzej Siewior
John E. Krokes
ClamAV 0.98.7 is always available from ClamAV.net on the downloads page.