detection, hash matcher, and other minor issues. Please see
the ChangeLog file for details.
Download : http://downloads.sourceforge.net/clamav/clamav-0.97.2.tar.gz
PGP sig : http://downloads.sourceforge.net/clamav/clamav-0.97.2.tar.gz.sig
Bugfixes : http://www.clamav.net/release-info/bugs/0.97.2
*** Announcement ***
The ClamAV project is launching a new service called "Third Party web interface". It will allow selected individuals/organizations to publish ClamAV Virus Databases (CVD) through the ClamAV mirror network.
If you choose to publish your signatures through our Third Party web interface you will benefit from the following:
- before publishing the signatures, we will test them for false positives against our false positive file collection.
- before publishing the signatures, we'll verify that the latest two major versions of ClamAV can load them correctly.
- the signatures will be digitally signed and packaged into a single .cvd compressed file.
- there will be no ".UNOFFICIAL" suffix in the detection names.
- a custom prefix will be added to the detection names, identifying the organization which published the signature.
- updates will be distributed both as full CVD files and cdiff incremental updates. Users will benefit from lower network traffic.
- the .cvd and .cdiff files will be distributed through the ClamAV mirror network.
- the service should result in faster remediation of false positives.
- ClamAV users will be able to download the third party databases using freshclam, by adding a single line to freshclam.conf, what should make signature maintenance significantly easier.
The service is still in beta, you are welcome to contact Luca Gibelli
We especially welcome those who already distribute their own unofficial signatures to join. A list of databases distributed by the new service will be available at http://www.clamav.net/download/cvd/3rdparty
We will be happy to answer any questions you might have.