quality improvements. These include:
- Extraction, decompression, and scanning of files within Apple Disk Image (DMG) format.
- Extraction, decompression, and scanning of files within Extensible Archive (XAR) format.
XAR format is commonly used for software packaging, such as PKG and RPM, as well as
- Decompression and scanning of files in "Xz" compression format.
- Improvements and fixes to extraction and scanning of ole formats.
- Option to force all scanned data to disk. This impacts only a few file types where
some embedded content is normally scanned in memory. Enabling this option
ensures that a file descriptor exists when callback functions are used, at a small
performance cost. This should only be needed when callback functions are used
that need file access.
- Various improvements to ClamAV configuration, support of third party libraries,
and unit tests.
There are also fixes for other minor issues and code quality changes. Please
see the ChangeLog file for details.
The ClamAV team (http://www.clamav.net/team)